As always with the Pokemon license, Game Freak never really explains how to delete a save and start a new game to restart the adventure from the beginning. And this is always the case with Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee, there is no function in the game to delete a user’s save. Indeed, when booting up the game on Nintendo Switch, there are only the options « continue » or « change settings ».
Everyone remembers the trick on Pokemon’s 3DS versions that allowed you to delete a save by holding a series of buttons keys on the console during the introduction scene.
Well, things are still different with Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee on Nintendo Switch… if you don’t know how to do it, we explain what you need to know about it next which will allow you to delete your save of Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee and thus start your adventure in Kanto region from the beginning in Pallet Town within a few seconds.
After you have deleted your save and restarted the adventure, you can also check out our best tips & tricks on the game here : Guide Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee tips and tricks to become a Pokemon master !
How to delete a save on Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee :
To remove your actual game of Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee, it’s in the Nintendo Switch system menu and not in the game menus !
- When you are in the Nintendo Switch menu, choose the « System Settings » icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the « Data management » option.
- Choose « Manage save data / screenshots and videos » and select « Delete save data » on the next screen.
- Click on the Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu or Eevee icon and choose the « Delete save data for Users (your username) » option.
- Turn on Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu or Eevee on your Nintendo Switch and you’ll start the adventure all over again. Professor Oak will ask you your name, you can create your avatar again and start the adventure in your house in Pallet Town.