This is a feature long awaited by Fortnite Battle Royale players. The option to offer gifts to a friend from the game shop. If you want to share some of your purchases with your contacts or please a loved one, you can now send as a gift your skins, dancing, accessories and others.
Normally scheduled for mid-year, this Fortnite feature has been delayed until now, as the function is now available since update 6.31. If you don’t know how to give a gift to a friend or receive a gift from a friend, we explain below how it works, because there are some requirements to use this system. Note that iOS players (iPhone, iPad) cannot use this feature, as it is against Apple’s policy.
How to send or receive a gift in Fortnite Battle Royale :
There are several factors to consider when sending a gift between players / friends / family. Here’s what you need to know….
- Your account must be protected with two-factor authentication or you will not be able to send gifts.
- It is possible to send only 3 gifts in the same day (24-hour period).
- The gift sent to another player cannot be refunded.
- You must have been friends with the person for at least 48 hours.
- You can only offer items that are in the item shop of the day (impossible to offer an old emote, dance or skin).
Now that you know the conditions, all you have to do is go to the Item Shop, choose from the cosmetics items of the day what you are going to offer and choose the “give it away” option. Choose from your friends list the one who should receive the present and he will automatically receive the item the next time he connects. Be careful, the player who must receive the skin, emote, dance and others must not have disabled the function to receive gifts in the game options.
Finally, note that the feature is only temporary and serves as a beta test for the moment. The possibility to send / receive gifts in Fortnite will only be active for a full week (from 27 November).